7 Pinehurst Dr.Carolina , RI , 02812
Phone: (401) 364-610041° 28' 0.6528" N, 71° 39' 41.2164" W
Clark Memorial Library -- Richmond, RI
What our organization offers:
Subjects / Categories:
The Clark Library was founded in 1880 at Carmichael Mills in Shannock, RI. Four years later it closed when the mills burned. In 1887, the Library reopened with public ceremonies. W.C.T.U. took responsibility for the library. A charter was granted by General Assembly. In 1928, the Library was renamed Clark's Mills Free Library. In 1938, Librarian Harriet Clark and other members of her family were killed in hurricane. In 1954, the Library was renamed Clark Memorial Library. In 1983 the Library moved from Shannock to a new building on Pinehurst Drive in Carolina, RI. The building was dedicated in October 1983 by Senator Pell.