175 Oaklawn AvenueCranston , RI , 02920
Phone: (401) 942-418841° 46' 16.482" N, 71° 28' 15.7044" W
Church of the Annunciation - Cranston, RI
Subjects / Categories:
The Church of the Annunciation was the first Orthodox Parish established in Rhode Island. It was founded by Greek immigrants in 1905 in Providence who rented various buildings for worship until 1920 when they erected their first church building at 265 Pine St. There were 127 families at that time. In the 1960's the parish had grown to over 300 families. Property at 175 Oaklawn Avenue, Cranston, RI was purchased and a new church edifice erected. The first Divine Liturgy was served in March 1968.