Girlstart Summer Camp @ Home
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 07/31/2020
Summer Camp at Home will reach your camper anywhere and includes everything she needs for a meaningful and successful summer camp experience. Girls will receive:
- The Summer Camp at Home kit – this includes 15+ hands-on activity materials, a comprehensive engineering journal for self-guided discovery, a camp t-shirt, Girlstart swag, and even a tiny programmable robot for endless hours of fun!
- Digital video library to supplement her hands-on learning, available for your camper to view at any time.
Additional opportunity to engage with Girlstart via Zoom
- If your daughter is looking to connect with Girlstart and fellow campers, and has the availability, she is invited to join our daily secure Zoom experience facilitated by Girlstart’s trained summer camp team, available the following times daily each camp week (Monday-Friday):
- Monday-Thursday: 9:30-11:30am CST, 1:00-2:00pm CST
- Friday: 9:30-11:30am CST
- If your camper can’t make the Zoom times, wants to go at her own pace, or overall doesn’t have access, she can still participate in Summer Camp at Home. She will receive everything she needs in her Summer Camp at Home kit to have an amazing, self-guided camp experience!
Our Summer Camp at Home kits are being produced by volunteers and staff with social distancing protocols. To make sure we serve our camp community to the best of our ability with manageable virtual camp sizes and not be overwhelmed with production, we ask you to register for a specific week whether your daughter is participating in the Zoom experience or at her own pace. Girlstart is offering two unique kits to give more girls a chance to participate in our camps.
Have the Courage to Create (entering 4th-5th & 6th-8th graders)
June 8-12, June 15-19, June 22-26
Engineer a rover to explore Mars, suture a stuffed animal, and determine the DNA nucleotide sequence for having freckles! Summer Camp at Home brings all the best parts of camp to your door. Girls will have the courage to create as they design their own light up logo and program a tiny robot to travel through their own dinosaur theme park.
Be Brave, Creative, and Curious (entering 4th-5th & 6th-8th graders)
July 6-10, July 13-17, July 20-24, July 27-31
Design and launch rockets, explore circuitry with bristlebots, and become a master code breaker! Summer Camp at Home brings all the best parts of camp to your door. Girls will be brave, creative, and curious as they discover primate characteristics and program a tiny robot to travel through their unique safari experience.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.